Monday, April 7, 2014

Breathing

Citation

Dear Readers,
I recently finished the book Breathing by Anna Sandeman. This book talk about how we breathe and why. Every living thing needs air to survive we get the air by breathing.  But every animal has it one way and different size of lungs. Our lungs are protected by our rib cage. Under your lungs there is a muscle called the diaphragm. When the diaphragm pushes down it gives some space to the lungs to bring in oxygen. When the diaphragm pushes up it makes the lungs get rid of carbon dioxide.
     When you sneeze you are getting rid of germs your body does not want at all. Hiccups are caused by your diaphragm suddenly tightening so that you take a short gasp of air. The sound of a Hiccup is when you vocal cords start snapping shut. How do people get Asthma? How does air travel to the lungs? Why do we need oxygen? These questions and other ones you have will be answered when you read the book
    I liked this Non - Fictional book because I love to learn about the human body. And because I learned a lot of this book for my unit in science.
     I recommend this book to my fifth grade class because this book could help them understand this unit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment